European Society of Gastroenterology
and Endoscopy Nurses and Associates
ESGENA publishes the "ESGENA NEWS" as part of the ESGENA conference abstract book. It contains articles of clinical interest, news from member countries and industry as well as the conference abstracts.
The electronic newsletter, "ESGENA E-NEWS" is published several times a year and is distributed free of charge.
The aim of the ESGENA E-Newsletter is to provide short term updates about activities and to increase communication between ESGENA and its members.
RESTRICTED MEMBERSHIP AREA
Members have access to the restricted membership area which
- offers interesting information about Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- provides regular updates on ESGENA activities .
ESGENA organises an annual conference in conjunction with the United European Gastroenterology Week (UEGW) and the relevant national nurses' society.
Education Working Group
A representative from each national member group is invited to participate in the ESGENA Education Working Group, working towards a European core curriculum.
» Learn more about the ESGENA Education Working Group
ESGENA members can apply for three different ESGENA Grants: Learn more – link to grants
Only ESGENA Members can apply for the three types of ESGENA grants.
- Clinical grants offered to registered nurses who wish to undertake further clinical training in specialist centres
- Education grants offered to registered nurses who are actively involved in Gastroenterology and / or Endoscopy nurse training to facilitate improvement of local educational events
- Partnership grant: Group members of ESGENA can apply for a grant to establish a partnership with another country in order to exchange expertise and/or to establish cooperative project.
» Learn more about the ESGENA Education Grants
ESGE-ESGENA Workshops on Advanced Endoscopy
International workshops on advanced endoscopy with live / video demonstrations and a lecture programmes for nurses and doctors are organised under the auspices of the ESGE and ESGENA in conjunction with national medical and nursing societies.
ESGENA technical skill workshops for endoscopy nurses
These workshops combine state-of-art-lectures with hands-on-training, focussing on a single topic. The workshops are organised under the auspices of ESGENA in conjunction with national endoscopy nurses societies.