ESGENA Education Working Group
The ESGENA Education Working Group (EEWG) consists of representatives, from every European country that holds an ESGENA Group Membership, that meet to work on education issues relevant to Endoscopy nurses.
The group meets twice a year:
- one three day meeting in spring including a main working topic and a Train-the-Trainers-Course on specific educational topics
- one half day meeting in conjunction with the ESGENA annual conference, focused on the annual topic
Aims of the EEWG
- To provide a channel for communication and interchange of information and knowledge focused on education of endoscopy / gastroenterology nurses
- To stimulate and support the education of endoscopy / gastroenterology nurses in the ESGENA membership countries
- To promote a recognised qualification in gastroenterology and endoscopy nursing in the ESGENA membership countries
- To advance the professional status of gastroenterology and endoscopy nurses and endoscopy associates on a European level
- Only countries which are ESGENA group members will be invited. Countries which have no group membership in ESGENA cannot participate.
- Only one representative from each European country will be invited.
- Representatives should have considerable experience in the education of endoscopy nurses.
- As the participants of EEWG-Meetings represent their respective national country, it is expected that their participation at the EEWG-Meeting is discussed and confirmed at national level / with the national societies.
Main topics and results of the group to date:
- Collection of data on the education of endoscopy nurses in Europe
- Structure for continuing education and short term training in endoscopy nursing
- European Job Profile for Endoscopy Nurses
- European Curriculum for Endoscopy nurses, based on the content of the European Job profile for Endoscopy Nurses
- ESGENA Statement on Nurse Endoscopists
- ESGENA Statement on staffing level in Endoscopy
- Handbook for Workshop Organisation
- Accreditation of specialist Endoscopy nurses ecudation