ESGENA Clinical grants
ESGENA Clinical Grants are being offered to registered European nurses who wish to undertake further clinical training in specialised endoscopic or gastroenterological nursing at an officially recognised ESGENA host centre. Due to legal restrictions, hands-on training may not be available in many countries; however nurses may still participate in clinical work as observers, learning from their colleagues.
Conditions for application:
ESGENA Grants are available to registered European nurses who are ESGENA Members (Active Individual Membership or Active Group Membership through the national society)..
- support of home institution
- a high level of proficiency in the language of the preferred host country
- provision of insurance for the duration of the training period
- organisation of travel arrangements (economy advanced booking) and relevant visas
Please note that a high proficiency in the language of the preferred host country is essential for communication in the host country. Experience has shown that most nurses are able to travel with a standard holiday visa, which should be organised by the applicant prior to departure.
The level of sponsorship is determined
- the number of days in the host department
ESGENA will cover
- Economy travel: arranged by ESGENA
- Basic hospital/university accommodation
- single room, with shared facilities (kitchen, bathroom & laundry)
- is organised directly by the ESGENA
- the max. support depends on the days in the host department (see table)
|Duration of visit:
Days in the host department
|Covered costs for accommodation|
|1-3 days||Max. 300 €|
|1 week||Max. 700 €|
- Grants are limited to 4 per year
- Selection will be made by the ESGENA Board.
Applications should be sent to Jayne Tillet:
Please ensure that the following documentation is provided:
- Certification that the applicant is a qualified nurse
- Certification that the applicant is a member of ESGENA (directly by individual membership or indirectly by group membership of the national society)
- Short Curriculum Vitae (not more than 2 A4 pages)
- Completed Application Form (aims and focus of visit, etc)
- The signed Travelling-Grant-Contract
- Reference from current employer (the medical and nursing director has shown their support by signing the papers)
- An essay (300-500 words) explaining the aims and focus of the visit, benefit for patients and the dissemination of the newly gained knowledge in the home country in more detail
Download and print the necessary form here:
Successful applicants will be required to report back on the quality of their training using a standardized form provided by ESGENA. Furthermore, within 6 months of the completion of training, successful applicants will be required to submit an article in English for the ESGENA NEWS.
We look forward to receiving your applications.
The ESGENA Governing Board