ESGENA Conference 2017 - Call for Abstracts
ESGENA invites colleagues from Europe and from all over the world to present their experience, studies and projects at the 21st ESGENA Conference in October 2017 in Barcelona, Spain.
Participants wishing to submit abstracts can do so only in electronic format by sending an MS Word document with their abstract by e-mail to:
ESGENA scientific secretariat
The authors will receive an official confirmation within 3-5 days after submitting their abstract. If authors do not get an official confirmation within 5 days, please send the abstract again to Ulrike Beilenhoff and a copy to the ESGENA technical secretariat: email@example.com.
+++ Deadline for submitting abstracts: 31th May 2017 +++
General Information on Abstract Submission
PParticipants are invited to submit original scientific abstracts for oral or poster presentation.
Authors have to conform to the following guidelines for abstract submission. Those not conforming to the guidelines will not be considered for reviewing.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English and must be presented in English.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of experts and may be selected for oral or poster presentations, or may be rejected.
- Notification of acceptance (for oral or poster presentation) or rejection by the Scientific Programme Committee will be e-mailed to the presenting author by June 30, 2017.
- Detailed information, guidelines and recommendations for oral or poster presentation, as well as day, time and room will be sent in due time to duly registered presenting authors. The time allotted for each oral presentation will be 10 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of question time. During the poster round, authors of posters should also be prepared to answer questions in English.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the ESGENA Abstract Book, in the ESGENA NEWS and on the ESGENA website.
The abstract should be typed as follows:
- Use font that is easy to read such as Arial, Times Roman, Helvetica or Courier fonts.
- The abstract must not be more than 500 words long or must not fill more than one A4 page, using type in 12-point font.
- A brief title, which clearly states the nature of the investigation, with the entire title in capital letters
- Abbreviations should, if possible, be avoided in the title, but may be used in the text if they are defined on the first usage
- The authors´ names (full first name, surname) and the institution (hospital, university, organization, city and country, e-mail and fax number) where the research was carried out, with the name of the presenting author underlined
- Use single line spacing
- Include tables if necessary
- The abstract should be as informative as possible
- The abstract should have a logical, scientific structure (introduction, mains & objectives, method, results, conclusion, summary, references, learning outcomes for audience)
- Statements such as "results will be discussed" or "data /information will be presented" cannot be accepted
- Please ensure that your abstracts do not contain any spelling, grammar or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted
- The abstract should have a nursing relevant content and should add to existing knowledge.
- The abstract should have a minimum of 2 relevant References
- The abstract should state 2 things the delegates could learn from your presentation
CHECKLIST FOR ABSTRACTS: As many of you have asked for guidelines regarding abstract submission we thought that you might find this checklist useful to see if you have complied with the requirements. Abstracts not conforming to the guidelines will not be considered for reviewing.